Please join St. Tikhon Mission this month to support AeroAngel, our May 2020 Charity of the Month.
All proceeds from contributions to the Charity of the Month will be forwarded 100% to the specified charity or monastery after the end of the month. In May 2020 we are supporting AeroAngel.
To help even more, please consider increasing your donation to "cover fees" by using the checkbox in the payment screen, and/or choose the BANK method for lowest fees. Processing fees are 2.75% plus 30 cents per transaction if using credit/debit card or 1.0% plus 30 cents per transaction if you choose a direct bank draft.
AeroAngel is a unique aviation charity that provides free transportation, primarily to children, traveling to distant, lifesaving medical care. Flights are only provided to those with no other safe travel options, such as commercial air travel or air ambulance. AeroAngel was founded in 2010 to meet an unmet need for transportation, often on short notice, to distant medical facilities for passengers whose fragile or compromised health precludes conventional means of travel.
Based in Denver, Colorado, AeroAngel’s use of pressurized turbine aircraft allow it to make flights in most weather conditions over long distances. AeroAngel’s Lear 55 is capable of flying non-stop from Denver to either coast. Aero Angel is the only nonprofit using private jet aircraft and volunteer professional pilots for its flights to Children’s Hospitals across the country. We are providing access to specialized medical care that might otherwise be out of reach.
- AeroAngel limits its flights primarily to critically ill children who are not able to fly on a commercial airline flight due to their fragile medical conditions and/or critical care needs.
- 97% of donations go directly to AeroAngel flights
- AeroAngel is recognized as a § 501(c)(3) nonprofit
- AeroAngel has been serving communities all over the United States for more than 10 years.
- 200+ children impacted
- AeroAngel flights have made distant, lifesaving medical care possible for many children with no other safe travel option.
Learn more about this inspiring charity on their website, AeroAngel.org